Saturday, September 7, 2013

Work In Progress Day 7/30 painting challenge

work in progress original watercolor by Carrie Waller
I'm working on a commission and I knew it would take longer than one day.  I would not want to rush it, so I'll be posting the work in progress pictures as I go.  I think the goal of the challenge is to be pushing ourselves and painting every day.

This painting is a favorite things painting for the client, her favorite flowers, author, her garden and her favorite mug and coffee.  When she said her favorite flower was zinnias I had to go on a hunt to find some.  A local florists, Curly Willow Designs in Cabot, AR picked these from her garden and gave them to me in a lovely arrangement for free.  I just love the kindness of strangers:)  In return I brought her and her staff cupcakes from a local baker.

Stay tuned for more work in progress pics:)

Carrie

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be great! I'm looking out my window at my zinnias and would have gladly given you some if we lived closer. :) Your zinnias are spot-on - just lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a favorite things piece. Maybe one day I'll do one for myself. Looking awesome already, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Carrie. I hope the boys are doing great going back to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are lovely and fresh in your painting, with the thick, velvety texture almost to be felt... Very beautifully done! How large is this painting, Carrie? And how do you photograph her coffee mug with your still life setup for commissions like this? Does she mail it to you or do you just purchase one exactly like it? I'm very intrigued...

    ReplyDelete