Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Bouquet

Hi Everyone,

I spent the weekend getting ready to take several pieces of art to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Art.  On March 15th I'm going to have a mini-opening as a featured artist in their shop.  So I've been working on a few small pieces, matting and framing some others.

Here are two little pieces that I painted this weekend.

"Spring Bouquet" original watercolor on paper by Carrie Waller 4.75" x 4.75"
Prints Available through Imagekind--22% off for a limited time Click Here

"Spring Bouquet" framed
"Spring Tulip" original watercolor on paper by Carrie Waller 4.75" x 4.75"
Prints Available through Imagekind--22% off limited time offer Click Here
"Spring Tulip" Framed
In other exciting news my painting "Preservation" was accepted into the Transparent Watercolor Society of America's 36th National Exhibit.

"Preservation" original watercolor on paper by Carrie Waller
And my painting "Love Letter's" won 1st place Saturday night in the Louisiana Watercolor Society's Capital Waters: Art at the Archives Exhibit.

"Love Letters" original watercolor on paper by Carrie Waller

It's been an exciting and busy week.  I also sold 4 paintings last week 2 commissions and 2 others.  I am truly blessed.

On the home front we'll be moving in a couple of months, right after Brian gets home, so we had people looking at our house last week.  Nothing makes you get organized than having people looking through your closets.  I also had to get my pool from a lovely shade of green back to blue.  Happy to report after 240lbs of salt and some algaecide it's looking pretty good, not bad for a weeks work:)  I also put together two cubby shelves for the boys room and managed to only have to take one apart and start over:)  Oh, yeah and we dodged those horrible tornadoes that tore through the South and mid-west.  The skipped over our town but not by too much.  I pray for everyone that was effected by those storms.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend.

Carrie


17 comments:

  1. These are lovely tulips, Carrie. I am impressed that you find time to paint with all this whirlwind happening around you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those paintings are SO beautiful Carrie! And I'm with Kathryn, super impressed that you found time to paint these lovelies. :)) Everything you paint has your trademark elegance and I love it. And congrats on the exciting happenings too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a successful week! :) These two new paintings are relly beautiful. And good luck with selling the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Carrie, on the show winner, the new show coming up and the TWA entry, too!! WOW! What a week - of course, it sounds like you didn't just sit back and smile all week from the goodness but worked as hard as ever getting your house in order. Again, you are a lady to be admired - keep on gaining these accolades and growing and sharing your work with larger audiences! Good luck on the house sale, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congratulations!!! TWSA is very hard to get in -- but well again, that's such an exordinary piece you are submitting! Also big congratulations on the award!!! And the sales! And the tulips are so rich in color and glowing with light! (I'm glad I'm not the only one with tulip fever -- ha! They are everywhere in this season in San Francisco, and I just love them! -- Something that's quite obvious now by looking at my blog...)

    I do have a question regarding the sales, if it's ok with you. Do you find most of your sales come from your website (including blog and daily paintworks), from sites like eBay and etsy, from local shows, or from national juried shows out of the area you live? I am asking this to more seasoned painters in the hope to gather information to decide where I should concentrate my time and energy -- trying to do it all has proven not working for me, so I'm trying to get a little smarter. If you don't feel comfortable discussing this topic, please feel free to ignore it. Thanks...

    Stay warm and safe in the storm season -- and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your wonderful ART Week! Very happy those awful twisters missed you. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations of your showings and sales. Good thoughts and prayers for Brian's safe homecoming and your move. Love your spring flower paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all your fabulous news! Well deserved:) I love the tulips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS, Carrie!!! Wonderful news! and better than that is the fact that those storms didn't affect you!! We don't want anything to happen to you or your family. Your flowers are beautifully painted. I am looking forward to Springtime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Preservation is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much good news! I'm really happy for you; your work is beautiful and you are going to go far with your art career. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such an inspiration! Your energy and hard work are really paying off....oh and amazing talent is in there too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on all these acheivements. By the way where and when is the party?? :)
    And I just cant get over the rich reds you get in your paintings..

    ReplyDelete
  14. These little studies that you just 'threw together' are stunning! And I LOVE the frame!
    You have been busy! And you've acheived so much! Good things are coming your way and it is SO well deserved!
    I'm so glad you dodged those storms. Those poor people who were hit... It doesn't bare thinking about xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your canning jars are WONDERFUL! Love love love them! Enjoy your blog, too. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow these are all just GORGEOUS, I love the pop of color in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your Golden Week! I'm not surprised that, "Love Letters" took first prize - the reflections on the aircraft appealed to both the Aviator and Artist in me, probably as I'm boringly mono.

    ReplyDelete