Monday, November 25, 2013

Well Traveled Paintings



"The Night Before Christmas" 6" x 6" watercolor by Carrie Waller

"The Night Before Christmas" 6" x 6" watercolor by Carrie Waller

"Falling For You" 6" x 6" watercolor with 22k gold leaf by Carrie Waller

I'm happy to announce that I have 3 paintings on their way to California to the 6" Squared, Randy Higbee show.  This is the 4th time that I've participated in the show.  It's always been a super fun and positive experience.

In other news I'm attempting to paint for our Holiday show on Dec 3rd at Local Colour Gallery in Little Rock, AR.  But this overcast, cold weather is getting me down and I miss the sunny skies that we always had in Alabama.  I'm hoping when we move next summer it's somewhere sunny.



I also wanted to share how some of my collector's framed their leaf and acorn.  A good framing job just enhances art so well.


I wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day and if you're traveling be careful out there:)

Carrie

7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Congratulations on your acceptance into the Randy Higby show. California sounds nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting so many pieces accepted!!! I LOVE my leaf painting. I am taking it to get framed so I loved seeing how others framed theirs. I will send a picture of it when it is all done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing those Christmas paintings again. And leaves are always a favorite as are oak trees (and their fruit). I like the darker and cooler days so much more than the sunny ones. Something about that bright glare and ridiculous heat (and sweating) that I just do not care for...! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! Every single one of them! And they always look so beautiful in their frames :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your work, especially the leaves. Congrats on the Randy Higbee show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Carrie!!! and Happy Turkey Day !!!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your paintings looks exquisite framed ... and unframed, for that matter!I wish you and your family a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving, Carrie!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete