Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Workshop Wednesday Round Up: Getting your grove on, prescription drugs and spiders--What?







My fabulous workshop attendees.  What a fun group, we even managed to learn some things in all the fun:)  It was a great day!
 Thought I would recap my workshop from last week.  We had a great time and I had some fabulous students.  This was a 1 day workshop and we focused on painting glass.  I did 2 demos one of the 3 bottles which I will share on this blog when it is completed and I did a demo on painting raised lettering in glass, a cropped version of "Retro Pop" that I shared on Monday.

In addition to demoing I shared 2 videos one was a compilation of my works and the other was a step by step video of "Retro Pop".  I also talked about my favorite tools and paints.


Check out these bottles:)
The ladies did a fabulous job!
Here is my supply list for my workshops.  
Group shot of one side of the room
The other side of the room.  We had a great studio that we were painting in.

I also learned some new things from the ladies in my workshop.  I think that is one of the favorite parts for me I always ending up learning so much.

One of the ladies uses old prescription bottle lids to hold he paints on her palette.  She puts a little masking tape on the bottom to hold them in place on the palette, genius.


And Diane Ziemski told me about Groove Book.  You can get 100 photos from your i pad , iPhone or Facebook printed for $2.99 a month.  They even bind them in a cute little book, the pages are even perforated if you want to take them out and share them with your friends and family.  Awesome!!!!


I also learned about the Spider iPad holder from Diane.  I paint from my iPad as my reference photo and this would come in so handy.  It's also good for holding it in place in the car and other places.




 


3 comments:

  1. Wow, sure sounds like you all had a great time and learned so much. The ladies did do a wonderful job on their paintings. Thanks so much for sharing the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POST! Looks like fun, too. All the best to all the students ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! The Spider is a must, going to get one!

    ReplyDelete