Monday, April 7, 2014

Work In Progress: Retro Pop

"Retro Pop" work in progress 11" x 12" watercolor on 260lb Arches cold press
Finding painting time has been challenging lately.  We are starting to get prepared for our move to Japan.  Between that and spring break and birthday parties and our normal hectic life it's getting a little crazy around her, but I did manage to make some progress and I think with 1 or 2 more painting sessions I can get this one done:)  I really love this painting and am planning on doing a series.

I'm also hosting Artists Helping Artists (#1 art blog radio show) this month.  This Thursday is the 4 year anniversary! I  can't tell you how influential this show has been and how much I have enjoyed listening to it and now co-hosting regularly.  It has truly changed my life.  If you haven't listened you must.  If you are already a fan I could use your help.  Leslie and I would love to know if you have any favorite shows?  What advice has helped you out as an artist that you heard on the show?  We would love to share your comments.  Just leave them here on my blog or on my Facebook page or e-mail them to me carriewallerart@gmail.com

I have a workshop coming up this week that is sold out but I do have a few spots for my workshop "All that shines:  The art of painting glass in watercolor" May 15-17 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  If you are interested click here for details.

Carrie


3 comments:

  1. Coming out beautifully Carrie. Wishing you and your family safe travels always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome masterpiece in progress!
    I am SO looking forward to the show :0)

    ReplyDelete