Monday, April 15, 2013

Watercolor Artist June Issue


"Anticipation" top image was my submission for the "What Do You Love" Watercolor Artist competition.  Beyond thrilled to be and Honorable Mention Winner.
So when I first started painting seriously about 3 years ago I made my out of the world dream list.  On my dream list was to be published in one of the big art magazines.  So it was a surreal moment this weekend to get my advanced copy of June's Watercolor Artist Magazine.  On page 55 I have a painting published.  Pretty crazy stuff!!!  I have been on an incredible journey so far.  I have had my ups and downs and seeing my painting on page 55 just makes me want to work even harder.   My late night painting sessions, lack of sleep, and obsession with painting are paying off.  I can not wait to see what the future holds.  I sooooo appreciate my blogging and facebook friends.  I am so motivated every time I post something and hear from you.  The encouragement and advice is invaluable, I feel so fortunate to be an artist at this time.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Carrie

14 comments:

  1. Good for you Carrie!!! That is AWESOME!! Can't wait to get a copy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Carrie!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU, Carrie!!! Such an honor AND so well deserved!!!! I look forward to getting a copy!!!!
    again, Congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Carrie!! I am a very proud mom!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Famous Artist & Broadcaster published!! Read all about it in 'Watercolor Artist'

    Well done Carrie!!

    PS I'm to be a great-grandfather in September!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled for you, Carrie! This is such a well deserved honor. I am certainly looking forward to my copy of 'Watercolor Artist.' Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely well deserved! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. felicidades Carrie,
    te lo mereces, sinceramente genial.
    un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GREAT Thing!
    You Did a fabulous job with this.
    I wish you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Carrie! I can't believe you have only been painting three years. Your work shows such skill and such a deft hand. Wish I could do half as well and I've been playing with it since I was about 5.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Carrie, How wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Carrie! Very exciting!! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Carrie - that's AMAZING!!! Every Artists dream!
    Congratulations - it is SO well deserved :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are to be congratulated on your amazing achievements. I can remember your first paintings when you began posting. Those were beautiful, even then You are just growing by leaps and bounds. All that hard work is paying off. I'm so happy for you. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete