Monday, January 11, 2010

Why Oh Why


Acrylic on canvas 36" x 48"


So procrastination should be my middle name. I initiate my own blog and set my own deadlines and still I finished my second painting barely on schedule. I decided that each Monday I would post my new painting and here it is 7:24 my time and I'm just now posting it. I guess it could have been worse, technically it is Monday until midnight. See the procrastinator roars it's ugly head. I started this painting last night and I actually had it finished about 5:00p.m. today. It is a C 17, painted in acrylic on a canvas that is 36" x 48". It is a big! It will be going in the boys room. I'm planning on doing two other paintings same size for their room with other air frames. This one is a yellow tail, specified by Brian. I had in mind painting an airplane that my father-in-law flew. The air frame that Jon flies (brother in law) and Brian worked on, and an airplane that Brian's grandfather flew. As you can read this is an Air Force family. So this will look nice in their room. Their room is painted asparagus green and I'm planning on hanging the airplane quilt that Debbie (mother in law) made and my future paintings. I will post pics when I'm done. I'm also going to paint a neat border around the top with words associated with airplanes. it's going to look fab when I'm done. I'm excited!

The C 17 airplane painting was a risky endeavor, considering Brian worked around these planes 24/7 for 3 years in Charleston and Jon flies this air frame. It has to be pretty accurate. This painting got Brian's approval, so I'm hoping I've done the C 17's justice. I did enjoy painting it. The sheer size is pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to the C 141 I will be conquering this week.

This is not my first go round with a pretty technical painting. I told myself after I painted an old Ford truck with the hood up that I wouldn't do it again. But I did do another truck after that , I will have 3 airplanes under my belt, and I have my eye on another old truck that a co-worker of Brian's owns. Here's is the painting I did of the old Ford with my Grandpa that I did last year.


Watercolor 16" x 20"



Steven decided to get in on the action. So he will be doing a painting a week also. Until he decides he doesn't want to anymore. So here is his first painting. My little artiste.
acrylic on canvas 8" x 8"


The following picture is Steven helping me draw my airplane. He's such a helper. This is how you do it when you've got curious munchkins. Hopefully it will be a bonding experience.

Please sign up as a follower. I appreciate the 9 I have so far. It holds me accountable. Whatever motivation I can get I will take.

2 comments: