Monday, July 23, 2012

Bottled at the Source

"Bottled at the Source" original watercolor on 260lb Arches by Carrie Waller
  Click for Price Information
Hi Everyone,

I trust that you are having a wonderful summer!  It is hot, hot, hot here, and I think most places in the U.S.  We are in a severe drought and in dire need of some rain so I guess the Cook/Waller challenge this month is timely.  Crystal came up with the theme of water.  Now, confession time, this challenge was due a while ago but yours truly has been crazy busy.  I think Crystal has been pretty busy also with commissions and summer with the kids.  But I have finally gotten my act together and created my first painting in our new home.  I took the photo reference for this at our old home in Alabama.  I set these water bottles up pool side.  I loved the contrast of the abstractness of the bottle against the abstractness of the pool.  And I love, love, love blue and turquoise, so this painting was right up my alley.  I did change quite a bit from the photo reference.

Check Wednesday for the Work in progress pictures of this painting.

To see Crystal's answer to the challenge click here.

Sammy and I celebrating:)
My fabulous art bag for transporting framed pictures.  (Please ignore my half closed eyes:)
 Also this past Saturday was my hmmmm hmmmth birthday so we had a nice little celebration at home.  My Mom and Grandma had been here the week before so it's been a family filled month.  My Mom made this fabulous art bag for me.  I saw someone at an art exhibit bring in their framed works in bags similar to this and took a picture and asked my Mom to make one for me.  She went above and beyond and reinforced the bottom with a very sturdy fabric and made the hand super durable and it even has a velcro closure.  This will make lugging around framed works so much easier.  It also pads and protects them while being transported.  I already put in a request for an even bigger one:))

"Fat Bottomed Girls" Bid Now--being auctioned at DPW
I also got a little better photo of my painting from last a couple of weeks ago.

I hope you are staying cool and creating lots of great works.

Carrie

10 comments:

  1. Excelente trabajo. La acuarela de las botellas es impresionante.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je sens que vous êtes heureuse en ce moment... Bravo! votre maman a un immense talent de couturière et ce magnifique sac me plaît beaucoup.
    Je suis aussi très contente de pouvoir admirer votre oeuvre avec les bouteilles d'eau achevée. Quelle splendeur et le nombre d'heures de patience ne se calcule même pas... Un rafraîchissement total garanti sous les yeux... Vos bleus sont splendide et j'aime la lumière qui joue en s'infiltrant partout...

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I have no idea how you can paint all that fractured light without getting completely confused and lost. I love the colors and the messages on the bottles. Such a great piece -- the composition, the thought and obviously the execution. This has become one of my favorites. Surely a winner. :)

    Oh and the bag is awesome and Sammy is such a cutie. You really have a beautiful family. I must say one last thing -- your skin radiates! I've noticed it in other pictures -- you have an amazing complexion. :) (just thought I'd throw that in there)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well belated happy birthday wishes are in order, I'd say.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE. Love how your painting came out. Another fabulous Carrie Waller work of art. Your Mom made you a really great bag. I hope you get lots of use out of it and sell many, many paintings. :)
    Your Sammy is getting sooooo big. What great smiles!
    Enjoy your day........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fan-freakin-tastic Carrie!!! You really knocked it outta the park for this one. It is completely stunning. Well worth the wait. :)))

    And that bag is so cool. I want one too! Happy Birthday, your Sammy looks so sweet on your lap too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Carrie. You are a creative soul and that's the glow. That and that sweet little boy.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an incredibly fabulous painting! I absolutely LOVE IT!!
    It sounds like your settling in at your new home too which is great news:0)
    As for that amazing art bag - I had no idea you painted such large pieces! We have finally got some beautiful hot weather here too. About time! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO SO INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!! Carrie. I love this painting. The color alone is spectacular. and of course, Happy Birthday!!! and Sammy is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love the art bag! Also gotta love the painting! Hope you are happy in Arkansas!

    ReplyDelete