Friday, August 26, 2011

Anticipation

"Anticipation" watercolor on paper 23.5 x 32
 I have finished my painting, Yay!!!  Trust me it wasn't easy this week since it was our first week of school everyday.   Steven's going to half day pre-K, by the time I get everyone dressed out the door and Steven dropped off, Sam and I come home do a few things and it's time to go get Steven.  I think this first week will be the hardest because we haven't gotten into a routine yet, but I'm sure we will.

I did manage to finish and because my wonderful Mother has a frame business I was able to place my order with her and have her mail me a frame.  Check out her site, she has terrific frames. She sent me the moldings and I just had to build it, it went really smoothly.

Also a tip for all of you watercolor artists--I found a copy store nearby that has a very large scanner.  They have the scanner for scanning large architectural drawings but they also scan in my paintings.  I learned about this when I work at an Architectural firm and they would have their design boards scanned in.  It is a blessing.  Sometimes the colors are a tad skewed but for the most part it is a terrific, high resolution copy.  The above photo is a scanned image. Also they only charge me a couple of bucks, seriously, I am thrilled.  You do have to stretch your paper because with their machine it has to be a flat piece of paper and not to thick, I don't paint on 300lb paper anyway so it's not an issue.  They do scan the 260lb paper that I paint on.

Also want to send a big thank you to all of you that sent in a title for my painting.  I really loved them all and plan on using several of them for a series that I'll be painting.  My cousin Diane came up with the title "Anticipation" and I thought it was just perfect for this painting.  Thank You, Diane:)
see the jars on the left bottom--gives you an idea of the size

Here is an image if my framed painting.  And for fun an image with a couple actual jars sitting next to it so you can see the scale of the painting.


When I was talking to my Mom she said I like that your reflection is in one of the jars.  I didn't know what she was talking about because I had gotten so engrossed in painting the  shapes and colors I hadn't really looked at the painting from a distance.  Anyway sure enough in the second jar from the right you can see an abstracted me taking a picture with the camera in front of my face.  Pretty cool!
"Buona Sera"  watercolor on paper 6x6 with a 1 1/2" white border making it  9"x9"  BID NOW
I also have a painting up for auction at Daily Paintworks.  So head on over and check it out:)
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Carrie

16 comments:

  1. Wow, quite an accomplishment! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Carrie, on a gorgeous painting! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this would be awesome, Carrie. Your Mother has a keen eye. I noticed the face in the jar myself when you posted earlier on and just smiled. I wasn't sure if you put it there purposely or accidently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed at your talent...the way you capture light is astonishing! You are such an inspiration! Another beautiful painting...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This really is exceptional! It's so interesting to see how you managed to get to this from nothing. And it looks incredibly real. Fantastic :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning.. Unbelievable.. Even after following your WIP pics this looks impossible..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I can't believe how beautiful you paint! This is a stunning painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Carrie! This is just incredible! SO gorgeous. :))) I think this is my favorite one ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This piece is wonderful Carrie, and framed is a beautiful work of art. You are a truly talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Amazing, Carrie! Beautiful work! It makes me think of my late Granny O'Gara and all of her canned goods and Sunday chicken dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply amazing carrie. i LOVE this so much! and you work so quickly...just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your skill is amazing and I love the more contemporary feel of this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think this one is tops now! beautiful detail and skill.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say, Carrie!! Absolutely beautiful!! Glad you pointed out the reflection! I see you clearly now! love it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is unbelievable, Carrie! You are truly talented.
    Hope you had a great weekend. Good luck with the second week of school.
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete