Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Me Again

My new Japanese art friends:)  So nice to have my work hanging with theirs.

My newest painting "Enlightened" 12" x 16"
I swear that minutes are turning into months before my very eyes.  We have now been in Japan for 5 months to the day.  I can not believe that it has been that long.  There is so much to see and do and I have a  lot of responsibilities with Steven and Sam's school and with my husband's squadron, it  definitely keeps me in a tail spin and I'm still trying to figure out where painting fits in.

I have managed to paint for a show in Charleston, SC.  I managed to get 4 paintings painted for it and had a fifth in the show that I had previously painted.  I also just participated in my first little show in Japan.  It's nice to meet Japanese artists and get to exhibit with them.
I found a neat art store in Tokyo.  It was 4 or 5 stories high, crammed to the gills and you could barely move around there was so much stuff.


I've also had some fun news, like being runner up for Artist's and Illustrator's Artist of the Year.  My painting will be in an exhibit in London at the Mall Galleries and it was featured in the December issue of the magazine.

  I have also finished up two features with magazines.  I'm looking forward to seeing those in print.  I never quite believe it until I have a copy in my hands:)

I wish you could all come and visit and see the amazing sites in Japan.  I don't think I'll ever see all of Tokyo it's just so big.  I need a few more hours in the day:)

Carrie

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Blog World Carrie! It's so nice to properly catch up with what's been happening rather than see the odd snippet on Facebook, which is just not the same! I haven't blogged for at least three weeks because of various reasons... but I will get back to it soon. It looks like you have coped very well with the move. Not sure I would be so brave! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the traffic allows you to move about. My youngest son married a Japanese girl, in Tokyo.

    We too have moved. I hope it will be our last one now, we made 24 moves when I was in the Air Force (RAF).

    Congratulations on your award. When is it in The Mall? I will try to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started following your blog just after you moved and have become a fan. I am glad you are back online. Congratulations on impressive recognitions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure get around!! How fun it is living vicariously through your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on such an amazing journey! I love that you share so much with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay - What are you doing for Valentine's Day?! I bet it is something super fun. Do they celebrate Valentine's day in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being a runner up.
    Happy New Year to you and your art loving friend.
    My son is right now visiting a friend in Japan. He is also fascinated by Japanese Culture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool article, it’s very interesting to see if the commenting on blogs works
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour chère amie,

    Juste un petit coucou afin de savoir si tout va bien pour toi et les tiens... prends bien soins de toi.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE
    I'm here to testify about what DR. ANUGE did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. Anuge on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help.so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. ANUGE assured me that i will be cured,after some time. i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, the test came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. Anuge for help. Email} dranuge@gmail.com WhatsApp /call +2348164866838

    ReplyDelete