12 x 12 mixed mediaThis week I had fun experimenting with a mixed media project. I busted out my gold leaf skills. It's hard to photograph this one, hopefully the picture does it some justice. I'm thinking about doing a larger project with this technique, so I wanted to try it out. I will share that when I was cleaning up after my mess tonight I felt indulgent having gold shavings in my vacuum cleaner canister. That can motivate a girl to vacuum:)
I lost Steven this week to legos. The kid started building and didn't want to stop. I don't blame him I love legos too.
I will be returning to my previous project at some point and time. Still looking for my Spring inspiration. Better hurry up we're almost out of Spring!
Also my bloggy friend Crystal, who has an amazing blog and website, check her out http://crystalcookart.blogspot.com/ tagged me in a fun little game, so everyone out there please participate. You can leave your answers in my comment box or post them on your own blog. Can't wait to see what everyone says.
So here goes:
Where were you five years ago?
1) Brian had just left for deployment for Iraq:(
2) I was living in Charleston, SC, working as a faux finisher, muralist.
3) There were no Steven or Sam, hard to imagine!
4) I wasn't painting my own work very often, my creative side was drained by the time I got home.
5) My Mom had recently moved to Charleston, so we were having fun hanging out and our good friends the Marce's only lived 3 hours away. This is pretty major for a military family.
What would you like to be doing five years from now?
1) Still painting and working on my skills. I would like to have my work represented by some galleries.
2) I'd like to be working on my Master's degree.
3) Raising healthy, happy boys:)
4) Have my husband safely at home.
5) Be living overseas and Traveling, Traveling, Traveling!!!!!!
What was on your to do list today?
1) Take kids to the doctor, just well-baby checks.
2) Clean out the car
3) Paint poppy for blog
4) Start week 3 of my couch to 5K program.
5) Do an art project with Steven for a Father's Day gift.
Happy to say everything on this list got accomplished!!!!
What are your favorite snacks?
1) 100 calorie snack packs--love them!
2) seltzer water--I know it isn't really a snack, but I could not live without it!
4) apples and peanut butter
5) special k peach and berry bars
If you were a billionaire what would you frivolously spend your money (Of course after donating to churches and charities and all that un-selfish stuff)
1) A maid
2) A chef
3) The house of our dreams in Greece:) And one for all of my family members:)
4) I would travel all of the time, I do mean all of the time
5) Oh and this is going to sound crazy, but I would have a dental hygienist at my disposal to floss my teeth. I know ridiculous, I just really hate doing it and if I had Oprah money I would be that frivolous. They could brush Moose's teeth too, get my money's worth:)
So take a minute and respond, it's silly and fun:)
See everyone next week!